Renewal Youth Scholarship Application Form 2017
APPLICATIONS OPEN FROM DECEMBER 16 2016 UNTIL APRIL 1ST 2017
LAWA Youth Scholarships are financial awards that support male and female students seeking to attend and complete a bachelor's degree.
To continue supporting high-achieving students to complete a successful academic career by means of financial support.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the 2017 Renewal Youth Scholarship Application below online. Some documents may be sent via postal or electronic mail.
- Prior year LAWA Scholar who has maintained a 3.0 GPA or above.
- Must have a final 3.0 GPA for the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Must continue to reside in North Carolina within the following counties: Mecklenburg, Concord/Cabarrus, Gaston, South Iredell/Mooresville and Union.
- Must be a sophomore, junior or senior attending an accredited college anywhere in the USA and who has been previously awarded a LAWA Scholarship.
- Upload one (1) letter of recommendation from either a teacher or an academic advisor. Letter should express the reason why applicant should be considered for the scholarship, and emphasize academic performance, leadership skills, character and achievements. It also must detail:
a) Relationship to the applicant
b) How long has the advisor known the applicant
c) Teacher's or Advisor's name, title, email address, phone number, signature, and
- Upload a personal letter (typed, double spaced, not to exceed 2 pages) explaining:
a) Academic accomplishments during the prior academic year
b) Personal, community and academic interests fulfilled during the prior year
c) What LAWA Scholarship means to the applicant
d) Any obstacles that were overcome during the year(s) in college (if applicable)
- Be available for a personal interview, if requested.